- ONWARDS AND UPWARDS - XTREME TRADES IS MOVING
by Nick TaylorFriday 3rd August 2018
- This year has been the toughest year to date for Xtreme Trades with event attendances now at a point where they are unsustainable. We have therefore taken the tough decision to downsize the store from 1st September and look at how Xtreme Trades continues to trade.
What does this mean?
- We will remain on the Seedbed Estate, moving to unit B4 (see the details below), opening on a weekday basis.
- There will initially be no play space in the new store, so from September there will no longer be any in store events. This will be reviewed towards the end of the year.
- The community aspect of the Facebook group(s) will still be available as will all posts about future developments.
- We will still be selling a wide range of Magic singles, accessories and sealed product in addition to RPG materials.
- We will still be buying, selling and trading cards.
- Other products will be available to order in as always.
- We will be moving away from selling board games, X-Wing and Destiny.
- We will be working hard to get a brand new website back up and running with far more functionality. You can expect to see online stock levels returning, articles making a comeback and much needed facelift to the website.
- Once we have all of this in place we'll take another look at events, but this won't happen before December 2018.
- We're working on keeping some level of events available and we are currently working on what we can offer.
- Prize wall tickets will be on offer until the last event on 31st August. These will need to be used by 31st August with any unused tickets converted into boosters.
There will be a further information in a few weeks once the new store is sorted out so watch this space.
Where will the new store be?
This hasn't been an easy decision and it's not one I've taken lightly. Over the last few months I have found it difficult to remain motivated and focussed with so much time being spent on understanding why events have struggled for numbers, I feel this decision will allow me the space to see how the business moves forward.
If you have any questions or want to chat about it, then my door is always open.
Thanks for your support,
Nick Taylor @nickxt Nick now spends most of his time running Xtreme Trades and has certainly curtailed his competitive Magic playing for the time being. However, if there's a draft slot going and is free he's more than happy to join in.Best Gaming Performance? GP London 2011 top 8, played multiple Pro Tours, a World Championships and European Championships.Favourite Format? DraftFavourite Deck? TEPS or any form of old extended storm decks.Lifetime Pro Points: 23